IOM Ship Registry
The Isle of Man has a long history and association with the sea, and in 1984 in order to diversify the Island’s economy the Isle of Man Government established a Marine Administration, which evolved into the Isle of Man Ship Registry which today enjoys it’s statues as a highly respected and well recognised flag state under which numerous owners operate their many types of vessel.
The Isle of Man Ship Registry’s mission objective is to provide a ship registry which adds real value to clients in a rapidly changing global maritime environment. Client focus is paramount. It benefits from the following attributes:
- A professional Ship Registry providing a high quality of service available 24/7 with fast response to queries
- Reasonable costs and no annual tonnage dues
- A favourable taxation regime designed to encourage business
- The right to fly the “Red Ensign” and access the support of British consular services world-wide and British Royal Navy protection
- Flexibility in the requirements for registered owners
- Support for ships treated unfairly by Port State Control
- Full political support for shipping
- ISO 9001/2008 Accreditation
- Not a Flag of Convenience
For more information please see their website.